AutoCAD 2008 adds some new features to spell checking.
- Instead of first prompting for a selection, a dialog opens. By default, it is set to check the entire drawing. You can also check a selection set or the current space/layout.
- Dimensions and leader MTEXT are now checked.
- Words being corrected are zoomed to automatically.
- There are options to ignore:
- Capitalized words
- MixedCase works
- UPPERCASE words
- Words with numbers (BR549)
- Words containing punctuation (Like.This)
These are some long awaited improvements, especially the auto-zoom feature. Have fun.
Labels: AutoCAD 2008
Posted 4/04/2007 08:37:00 PM
Date: July 9, 2007 at 2:29:00 PM CDT
A Tip....It is best if you select your mtext 1st and then invoke Spellcheck ...otherwise you have to open the drop down list, then pick Selected items, then pick the Select items button and FINALLY pick the text you want to check and ...Kind of pain to do 4 steps to get to what you want....and even this way you still have to tell Spellcheck to Start....2007's (and older)version worked in 2 steps ...invoke Spell check, pick text and it instantly was in checking mode at your 1st error....the Select items button should be active when you open Spell check, EXACTLY like Find & Replace....