In Land Desktop 2006, if you have a drawing open and double click a .DWG file in Windows Explorer, the second drawing file will open in a new session of LDT.
In Land Desktop 2008, if you double click a .DWG file in Windows Explorer, the drawing will open in the currently open session of LDT. If the current drawing is modified, you will be prompted to save first.
Yes, I know that you should use the LDT Open command and not double click DWG files, but if you just can't stand it and want to restore the LDT2006 behavior, follow these steps.
- Open Windows Explorer
- On the tools menu, choose Folder Options.
- On the Files Type tab, find the DWG file extension and click it.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click on the open action and press Edit.
- The "Application used to perform the action" is set to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx\AcLauncher.exe" /O "%1"
- Change it to "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008\acad.exe" "%1"
- Close all the dialogs.
PermaLink Posted 1/21/2008 07:37:00 PM