CAD PANACEA HAS MOVED TO http://cadpanacea.com
11 November 2005
AutoCAD 2006 View Transitions          
This is the one new addition to 2006 that most of my users either really love or really dislike. On the other hand, I don't really care one way or the other since I do 99% of my zooming and panning with the mouse scroll button. I leave my View Transitions turned on with the default settings as shown here. The command name to access this dialog is VTOPTIONS.



I suspect the users who dislike view transitions might not mind if the duration of the transition was shortened. I've had a chance to play with Inventor 10, and noticed the same type of view transitions. I suspect Inventor had this feature first. Feel free to let me know.


Like a lot of things in AutoCAD, there are ways to control these options without having to locate and execute the dialog. This can be helpful if you want to control these settings in a script, macro, or other customization routine. These system variables are described below.


  • VTENABLE - The default value is 3. See the help file for a table showing the meaning of each valid value, 0 through 7.
  • VTDURATION - Specify the duration of a view transition, in milliseconds.
  • VTFPS - Specify the minimum speed of a view transition, in frames per second.


PermaLink       Posted 11/11/2005 01:00:00 PM     
6 COMMENTS!


Comment from: Blogger R.K. McSwain
Date: November 16, 2005 at 10:26:00 PM CST  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Comment from: Anonymous Anonymous
Date: November 22, 2005 at 1:58:00 PM CST  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Comment from: Anonymous Anonymous
Date: December 5, 2005 at 5:12:00 PM CST  

Just looked at your site and it has answered two of my questions? One of our users was just asking me about the zoom transition.
Thanks.


Comment from: Blogger R.K. McSwain
Date: December 6, 2005 at 8:44:00 PM CST  

Glad to know I'm having a positive effect :-)


Comment from: Anonymous Anonymous
Date: February 23, 2006 at 12:05:00 PM CST  

Inventor has had the zoom feature at LEAST since v.5. I know, I used it a little back then.

I don't mind it so much, but thanx for the tip


Comment from: Blogger R.K. McSwain
Date: February 24, 2006 at 7:51:00 AM CST  

Thanks dr_fleau, I've only played with Inventor a few times, so I wasn't sure it they had it first.

Post a comment